Anymore, one has an equal amount of music streaming services to choose from as there are smart home speakers. Two of the most popular have been Apple Music for streaming, and Amazon’s Echo devices for a smart home speaker. Before you only had one option if you wanted to utilize Apple Music. The HomePod. Now the service and smart speaker are about to be united.
If you own an Amazon Alexa device, you can score some pretty great smart home accessories for $10 from TP-Link and LIFX.
Sonos Debuts Alexa Home Theater Speaker, Ups Apple Integration Sonos Inc. introduced the Beam home-theater smart speaker and said its products would be integrated in July with Apple Inc.'s new AirPlay 2 wireless music-streaming system. The Beam is a sound bar designed to sit below a television set and replace the ...
During their Black Friday sale last year, we finally took the plunge and picked up Amazon's Echo with Alexa built in. We have thoroughly enjoyed being able to use it to listen to music through Amazon Music Unlimited, set timers, and being able to voice control turning lights and the TV thanks to devices like the TP-Link Smart Plug.
See below the fold for the discount!
Now, when you click on the link, the device will still show it's regular price of $24.99, but when you add it to your cart, and go to checkout, you'll notice the price will drop to $17.99! We're not sure how long this price will last, and given Amazon's usual price and inventory fluctuation, you may want to take advantage of this now. Smart plugs are a great way to get your smart home up and running rather inexpensively.
Product highlights from the page include:
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control
- Remote Access: Control devices connected to the Smart Plug wherever you have Internet using the free Kasa app on your smartphone
- Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your tablet or smartphone using the free Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android 4.1 or higher & iOS8 or higher)
- Use Away-Mode to turn devices on and off at different times to give the appearance that someone is home while you are away
- Easy to use and install. Just plug a device into the Smart Plug and connect to your Wi-Fi network. 120VAC Volt Compatible
Also of note is that if you want a smart plug that's a little on the smaller side, TP-Link Smart Plug Mini that normally lists for $49.99 is on sale for $34.99. But like the above, if you add it to your cart, the price will drop to $24.99!