You have probably heard by now that this year’s Amazon Prime Day will be coming up soon on July 11, 2017. For those unfamiliar with Prime Day, it’s generally a one day only event that Amazon holds for its Prime Members to gain access to deals on items. It is generally the largest shopping day of the year for the online commerce giant, rivaling Black Friday. Read on for more details about this year’s event, in addition to a couple offers Amazon is offering to get this year’s festivities started!
Today only, Amazon is offering the lowest price yet this year on its Amazon Echo home speaker product, coming in at $129.99. This amounts to a savings of 28% off of the list price! Note that the offer ends at 8:59 PM PST today, so make sure you take advantage if you’ve been waiting for a price drop like this.
The Echo holds a place on our counter top and we have loved ours. In the kitchen, it can come in extremely handy for multiple timers. Say you have something on the stove, but also have something baking in the oven at the same time. You can name the different timers, so that way you know which one is ready to go. We also love it for its integration with Alexa, where you can order Alexa-exclusive voice shopping deals. There’s also hundreds of Alexa skills you can utilize with it, such as ordering a pizza from Domino’s. It also integrates nicely with Amazon Music Unlimited, producing a decent quality sound.
See below for more details on the product, and let me know if you have any questions on our usage!
At Script-Notes, we like to spend time to save our readers time, and money. If you’ve run out of “time” for shopping for Dad for Father’s Day, Amazon has some great deals going on Echo and Kindle devices! The catch though is you have to be an Amazon Prime Member for them to reach you (or him) in time for Father’s Day.
Read on for more…
Anymore, it probably seems like there are about as many streaming music services as there are songs available. More so, each service is trying to do what it can to differentiate itself from the other, competing for your dollars. Just like you might be loyal to a particular type of car, sometimes it can be fun to try something else. If you have been clamoring to change things up, Amazon is currently offering two free months of Amazon Music Unlimited to new users.
While we have gotten a lot of use out of our regular Amazon Echo speaker (available certified refurbished at $134.99), it’s understandable that it might not be in the budget for everyone. However, if you’ve been looking for a chance to get into the smart speaker craze and get a start on your smart home, Amazon is currently offering the second generation Amazon Echo Dot for 24% off its “brand new” offering at $37.99.
The smaller Dot, is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker – you can also hook it up to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or via a 3.5 mm audio cable for delivering stereo sound to whatever speakers you choose.
- A Certified Refurbished Echo Dot is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
Just in time for the upcoming spring and summer travel season, Amazon is discounting the GoPro Hero Session to $149, regularly $199.99 a discount of 25%. Note that it ships from and is sold by Amazon.com exclusively for Prime members.
- Simple, grab-and-go operation with a compact, waterproof design and weight of just 2.6oz (74g), HERO Session is the perfect camera for first-time GoPro users.
- Easy one-button control press the button once to power on the camera and begin capturing video or photos automatically.
- Designed to withstand extreme environments and conditions, HERO Session is waterproof to 33′ (10m), no housing needed.
- Additional GoPro HERO Session Features + Benefits below on item page. HERO Session camera supports up to 128GB. For the best results we recommend formatting your microSD card regularly.. Does not have LCD display.
- Stunning GoPro video quality records stunning 1440p30, 1080p60 and 720p100 video. Powerful photo capture captures 8MP single photos, 10 fps burst photos and 0.5 to 60 second time-lapse photos.
- HERO Session packs the power of GoPro into a convenient, grab-and-go, everyday camera. Perfect for the first-time GoPro user, or as a second camera, HERO Session is simple and easy to use. A single button powers on the camera and starts recording automatically, then when you stop recording, the camera automatically powers itself off. With 1080p60 video and 8MP photo capture, HERO Session delivers the stunning image quality that has made GoPro famous, and its rugged, waterproof design eliminates the need for a separate housing. So small, so simple, HERO Session is perfect to take on any adventure.
The product currently has an average review rating of 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon, out of 543 customer reviews at the time of this post. What are some of your favorite ways to capture travel memories readers?
We’re three days out from Mother’s Day, and if you haven’t picked up anything yet, you’re probably wondering how to save money on Mother’s Day shopping.
Here are some great ways to do some last minute shopping:
On the tail of yesterday’s report, today brought forth Amazon’s unveiling of their new Echo product, the Echo Show. Indeed, the Echo show is a smart home speaker system that gives the consumer everything in the usual Echo speaker, but now includes a 7 inch touch screen.
Users will also be able to watch video flash briefings, YouTube, get a visual of music lyrics, check security cameras, swipe through your photos, get a check on the latest weather, edit your to-do and shopping lists, in addition to a host of other features. Thanks to far-field voice recognition, eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, users can be heard from anywhere in the room, in addition to being heard over any loud music that might be coming from the speaker itself.
Apparently “Looks” just aren’t enough anymore in the relationships of the smart speaker world. Hot off the heals of its release of the customer-invite only Echo Look, per Laura Stevens with The Wall Street Journal, Amazon is due to pull the wraps off a new Echo speaker that will utilize video calling capabilities, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Amazon’s new product, which is expected to be announced as soon as Tuesday, would give users the chance to make internet-based telephone calls, positioning the speaker to be the centerpiece for home communications.
In addition to the fourth generation Apple TV, the Roku Premiere Plus really helps to complete all of our streaming needs. While we were able to get ours for free via a special offer through Charter Spectrum, Amazon is currently offering the Roku Premiere Plus at a price of $79 shipped. If you would prefer not to go the Amazon route though, the deal is also currently being matched for about $1 more at Best Buy and Target.