You have probably heard by now that this year’s Amazon Prime Day will be coming up soon on July 11, 2017. For those unfamiliar with Prime Day, it’s generally a one day only event that Amazon holds for its Prime Members to gain access to deals on items. It is generally the largest shopping day of the year for the online commerce giant, rivaling Black Friday. Read on for more details about this year’s event, in addition to a couple offers Amazon is offering to get this year’s festivities started!
According to Amazon, the third annual Prime Day will be Tuesday, July 11, 2017 with hundreds of thousands of deals exclusively for Prime members around the world. New this year, members can enjoy 30 hours of shopping starting early at 6pm PT / 9pm ET on Monday, July 10, 2017 – with new deals as often as every five minutes.
In an effor to highlight small businesses on Prime Day, Amazon said that nearly 40 percent of the Lightning Deals that happen during the event will be from small businesses and entrepreneurs looking to hit the ground running.
“Our members love Prime Day and we have been thrilled by the response over the last two years. It is inspiring us to make it even better this year for Prime members,” said Greg Greeley, Vice President, Amazon Prime. “Every part of our business is working to deliver more deals for a record number of shoppers. This year’s Prime Day is too big for 24 hours – so we’re giving Prime members 30 hours to shop!”
In an effort to help shoppers stay organized, deals will be organized by more than 20 themes, including topics like pet lovers, gardeners, techies, artists, and more. And of course, what would be a Prime Day shopping extravaganza without Alexa?For users with Alexa devices, Amazon is introducing even more Alexa-exclusive deals discoverable through Echo devices and Fire Tablets.
To get your ready and prepared for the deals you might be after, Amazon is offering a $10 credit for users who might not have signed into their app for the first time. Unfortunately if you have already, you’re out of luck.
Here are the terms and conditions of that deal:
- Offer valid for Prime members only who are active at the time of first sign-in to the Amazon Shopping App
- Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 31, 2017.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com
- Offer does not apply to digital content.
- Offer good while supplies last.
- Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Offer limited to one per customer and account.
- Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10.
- You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional code. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional code.
- Promotion code expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 31, 2017.
- Promotion code only applies to items sold by Amazon.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
- If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Another offer is that if you have yet to stream Prime Video to your TV, you can get another $10 in free credit. Terms and conditions of that deal can be found via the link.
Another great deal, and one that I’m considering myself, is 40% off of Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited service, which allows readers access to thousands of books a month! Or if you prefer books of the audio variety, you can get 40% off of an Audible.com membership from now until July 11th. Prime Members can also get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for 99 cents!
Most of all, if you are not a Prime member yet, and want to take advantage of the above, or any forthcoming deals on Prime Day, remember Amazon offers 30 day trials to the Prime Membership service. That way you can take advantage of these deals, and then if you decide it’s not for you, you can always cancel and not miss out!
Make sure to check it out, and certainly if you have any questions, let us know in the comments, and enjoy the savings!