You have probably heard by now that this year’s Amazon Prime Day will be coming up soon on July 11, 2017. For those unfamiliar with Prime Day, it’s generally a one day only event that Amazon holds for its Prime Members to gain access to deals on items. It is generally the largest shopping day of the year for the online commerce giant, rivaling Black Friday. Read on for more details about this year’s event, in addition to a couple offers Amazon is offering to get this year’s festivities started!
Today only, Amazon is offering the lowest price yet this year on its Amazon Echo home speaker product, coming in at $129.99. This amounts to a savings of 28% off of the list price! Note that the offer ends at 8:59 PM PST today, so make sure you take advantage if you’ve been waiting for a price drop like this.
The Echo holds a place on our counter top and we have loved ours. In the kitchen, it can come in extremely handy for multiple timers. Say you have something on the stove, but also have something baking in the oven at the same time. You can name the different timers, so that way you know which one is ready to go. We also love it for its integration with Alexa, where you can order Alexa-exclusive voice shopping deals. There’s also hundreds of Alexa skills you can utilize with it, such as ordering a pizza from Domino’s. It also integrates nicely with Amazon Music Unlimited, producing a decent quality sound.
See below for more details on the product, and let me know if you have any questions on our usage!
At Script-Notes, we like to spend time to save our readers time, and money. If you’ve run out of “time” for shopping for Dad for Father’s Day, Amazon has some great deals going on Echo and Kindle devices! The catch though is you have to be an Amazon Prime Member for them to reach you (or him) in time for Father’s Day.
Read on for more…
Anymore, it probably seems like there are about as many streaming music services as there are songs available. More so, each service is trying to do what it can to differentiate itself from the other, competing for your dollars. Just like you might be loyal to a particular type of car, sometimes it can be fun to try something else. If you have been clamoring to change things up, Amazon is currently offering two free months of Amazon Music Unlimited to new users.
While we have gotten a lot of use out of our regular Amazon Echo speaker (available certified refurbished at $134.99), it’s understandable that it might not be in the budget for everyone. However, if you’ve been looking for a chance to get into the smart speaker craze and get a start on your smart home, Amazon is currently offering the second generation Amazon Echo Dot for 24% off its “brand new” offering at $37.99.
The smaller Dot, is a hands-free, voice-controlled device with a small built-in speaker – you can also hook it up to your speakers or headphones over Bluetooth or via a 3.5 mm audio cable for delivering stereo sound to whatever speakers you choose.
- A Certified Refurbished Echo Dot is refurbished, tested, and certified to look and work like new
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more
We’re three days out from Mother’s Day, and if you haven’t picked up anything yet, you’re probably wondering how to save money on Mother’s Day shopping.
Here are some great ways to do some last minute shopping:
On the tail of yesterday’s report, today brought forth Amazon’s unveiling of their new Echo product, the Echo Show. Indeed, the Echo show is a smart home speaker system that gives the consumer everything in the usual Echo speaker, but now includes a 7 inch touch screen.
Users will also be able to watch video flash briefings, YouTube, get a visual of music lyrics, check security cameras, swipe through your photos, get a check on the latest weather, edit your to-do and shopping lists, in addition to a host of other features. Thanks to far-field voice recognition, eight microphones, beam-forming technology, and noise cancellation, users can be heard from anywhere in the room, in addition to being heard over any loud music that might be coming from the speaker itself.
Apparently “Looks” just aren’t enough anymore in the relationships of the smart speaker world. Hot off the heals of its release of the customer-invite only Echo Look, per Laura Stevens with The Wall Street Journal, Amazon is due to pull the wraps off a new Echo speaker that will utilize video calling capabilities, according to sources familiar with the matter.
Amazon’s new product, which is expected to be announced as soon as Tuesday, would give users the chance to make internet-based telephone calls, positioning the speaker to be the centerpiece for home communications.
Online retail giant Amazon has really carved a lead at the top of the smart speaker category with it’s Amazon Echo with Alexa product, especially with its forthcoming Echo Look. This has led to Google offering it’s own speaker product, as well as leading many to think Apple could soon enter the fray with a Siri product of its own, possibly as soon as June reports MacRumors.
That being said, with this offer, you can currently pick up a certified refurbished Amazon Echo with Alexa speaker for well below the list price. Certified refurbished products get tested and certified to look both work and look brand new, as well as coming with warranties. Normally the typical list price of the product is $179.99, with certified refurbished models coming in at $164.99. Now though, it’s available for $134.99.
There is no doubt that Amazon has continued to make way into our households with its Echo devices and smart assistant Alexa. Today, Amazon unveiled a new addition to the Echo family, with its Echo Look device, being offered by invitation only to Prime members. The device is being billed as a “style assistant” camera that will help to catalog your outfits, and assigns your look a rating based on “machine learning algorithms with advice from fashion specialists.”
Each Echo Look comes with a built-in LED light, microphone, as well as a base mount that can either be attached to a wall, or it can be left to be freestanding such as on a nightstand, dresser, etc. It can also work with a companion app that has a Style Check feature for comparing two outfits. If you’re not necessarily interested in the Echo Look, you can access this feature by going to your iOS Amazon app, go to Programs and Features, and look for it in that menu.
Similarly to other Echo devices, with the Look, you can still have Alexa read you your daily news flash briefing, play music, or check on how long it will take you to get to work with traffic estimates. Amazon plans on adding additional skills to the Look also.
From the product page:
- Introducing Echo Look—everything you love about Alexa, and now she can help you look your best
- Using just your voice, easily take full-length photos and short videos with a hands-free camera that includes built-in LED lighting, depth-sensing camera, and computer vision-based background blur
- See yourself from every angle with the companion app. Build a personal lookbook and share your photos.
- Get a second opinion on which outfit looks best with Style Check, a new service that combines machine learning algorithms with advice from fashion specialists
- Echo Look helps you discover new brands and styles inspired by your lookbook
- Ask Alexa to read the news and audiobooks, set alarms, get traffic and weather updates, control smart home devices, play music, and more
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Starbucks, Fitbit, NPR, and more